The following questions will test what you know about the Puritans.
1. When did most of the Puritans live? 1500’s , 1600’s, 1700’s , 1800’s
2. Who does not belong? R. Sibbes , J. Owen , S. Rutherford , G. K. Chesterton
3. Jonathan Edwards edited the diary of: John Eliot , David Brainerd Elizabeth Elliott, Ralph Erskine
4. Which is wrong? Edwards—Boston Baxter—Kidderminster Rutherford—Anwoth Boston—Ettrick
5. Put in chronological order: Spurgeon, Perkins, Edwards, Owen. P—E—O—S O—P—E—S P—O—E—S O—E—S—P
6. The Regulative Principle primarily relates to: Sanctification Prayer Church and State Worship
7. John Bunyan was a: Presbyterian , Baptist, Anglican , Pentecostal
8. “I preached as never sure to preach again, and as a dying man to dying men”— Stephen Charnock Thomas Watson Richard Baxter Jonathan Edwards
9. The Puritans largely used which version of the Bible? Geneva Bible, King James Version, New International, Gender Neutral Translation
10. John Newton was a: tinker, slave, trader, sailor, physician
11. When Jonathan Edwards preached “Sinners in the Hands of an Angry God” to his Northampton congregation: They fired him for not being “seeker friendly. “The Great Awakening began, They started barking like dogs and laughing uncontrollably. Nothing happened.
12. In general, the Puritans taught (all but one): Perfectionism, Calvinism Post-Millenialism, Seeking Evangelism
Will put in answers in a couple of days… How many do you think you got right??